Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quarantine and Good Bye MTC 10-26-09

I was only coughing and couldn't sleep, but they are so crazy here about that stuff so when I asked for a sleep aid they freaked and stuck me in quarantine! So lame... The reason it was so good was that I literally spent two whole days sitting in an empty bathtub with a towel as a pillow reading the Book of Mormon. I have read the whole book while in the MTC and quarantine was a blessing in disguise, because I got through over 300 pages! It was amazing.

So now I am done with the book, and did the challenge as Moroni directs. I have read the BOM before, however I have never personally performed the challenge. It's weird, because I know it's true, I'm just waiting for God to tell me it's true. It makes sense in my head, I know it's true, but now I want that same kind of belief engraved on my heart... so we will see how that goes.

So today is the day. At 8:30p.m. I leave for the airport, my flight leaves at 12:50 a.m., and after 3 lay overs by this time tomorrow I will be on my mission serving the Lord in the place he called me. Its crazy to think that the MTC actually ends, but here we are. My bags are packed and I'm physically ready to go. I'm really scared. But every time I feel fear it's instantly replaced by faith. I may not realize that I can do something this hard, but God does. He has faith in me, so I need to have enough faith in him to be able to be a successful missionary for him. I will need all the help and prays I can get for this first month because I heard that it's "all hell breaks lose" month. So gift of tongues, protection, and patients will be a must have!!! I have faith, sure I'm nervous, but with faith I know I can conquer. Next time I'll be writing from Honduras. I had no idea a Mission would be this hard. It is seriously death at times, but no one ever told me it would be this amazing. The joy this work brings into my whole soul is incredible.
With all my love,
Elder Scott Wayne Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment