Sunday, September 6, 2009

I have arrived

Hola Everyone,
So its day 5 at the MTC, and it looks like he just might make it. Goodness where to start.... Being a missionary is really more amazing then I have words to explain! Having the spirit with me like this all the time is so great. I feel like I'm at a super charged EFY, except no one is hooking up with the "Talented, Lovely, and Spirited" sisters (we are only allowed to use those three words to describe the sisters here.) So the first 3 days may have been the longest days ever, up at 6:30 (no big deal) and then it is non stop til 10:00 pm. Running from one place to the next, not to mention 6 hours of Spanish/Gospel class. The first day of Spanish is something like the First Vision. The wrath of hell itself descended upon, and I feared it may have consumed my soul! It was horrible. My whole district is speaking like they just fell out of an A.P. Spanish program to come on a mission and I know nothing. Everyone was asking questions about "subjunctives" and "command form" and I wanted to ask questions along the line of "what's a verb again?" To this point on my mission that was my low point. I didn't want to go home, but I just felt over whelmed. It had been hours since I arrived and I was already struggling. It was just a feeling that there was no way I could learn Spanish, and that I would just be wasting my time. After reading the scripture about with God all things are possible in class I just prayed and incredible heart felt prayer, asking God that if I stayed obedient to all the mission rules, and worked so hard to learn Spanish that if he would help me I know I could do it. Since that prayer my ability to speak and learn has improved in strides nothing short of a miracle. I can't believe it! That night I prayed in Spanish and the next day I bore my testimony in Spanish. I am catching up so fast and learning so much about myself, the gospel, and the language. It's so hard, and I am so tired, but I am truly loving it. I welcome your prayers, and letters. I hope all is well back home, and I'll make sure to keep everyone informed.

Yo se que mi padre celestial vive y yo si que el amas yo. Yo agradesco evangeclio y el expiacion. Estoy agradecido por opportunidad servio. En el nombre Jesus Christo, Amen.

Quote of the week "I have faith to move mountains, now where is a shovel"

Love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment