Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Side Effects of MTC Food 9-28-09

So anyway, life in MTC remains just that. Wake up crazy early and shower get ready, bagels for breakfast, class, gym (volleyball), lunch (first plate for food, second plate to eat my feelings), class dinner (first plate for hunger, second plate for feelings, third plate for Spanish frustrations!). The food like substance here is really different from any other food like product out there. Side affects of MTC food include:
1. A 200% increase in gas
2. Incredible regular "bathroom" times (no joke we have times to go to the bathroom accurately scheduled into our daily planners)
3. A rapidly expanding waste line (11 pounds and counting)
4. Extreme mood swings (depending on quality of food)
5. Spontaneous breakdowns (depending the size of food lines)
6. Upset stomach
7. An increased respect for the Word of Wisdom and how not following it in the MTC cafeteria can literally destroy your body.

So as my heart continues to become cushioned in a pillow of cholesterol and fat, my spirit continues to grow! The things you feel in the MTC are truly amazing! the spirit here is just so strong all the time. So as for mission miracles, Spanish is coming along great! Everyday I am doing better and better and I am quickly rising in the language. To take my Spanish to the next level tomorrow I have planned a 24 hour English fast! So we will see how my broken Spanish can get me through a whole day here.

Also a minor miracle was my oral surgery. I went and got the flap under my tongue clipped (I was tongue tied) so I could use my tongue in speakeing Spanish better. I really felt like that was holding me back. I was way worried about the recover so my Comp gave me an amazing blessing and it was truly a miracle. I was talking a ton that day with no pain meds. It was amazing how quickly it healed and how much better I was able to do in Spanish. A real testimony builder for me.

Gosh I'm sorry I have nothing to say. Reporting on someones time at the MTC is like a newspaper article about a local event in the Spectrum. Its terribly boring, and no one really cares, but you write about it anyways... So send me some questions about things you want to know and I will make sure to answer them. but as far as news goes, the MTC leaves me little to report. God Bless, Elder Morris

1 comment:

  1. Elder Morris I do love hearing about your MTC adventures! Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete