Thursday, January 21, 2010

Como se Dice Good Bye To City Life 1-18-2010

So changes are here and as always bitter sweet. I am leaving, and so is my comp. This is bad cause that means the new Elders will need to find all of our investigators, and in places with out street names, house numbers, or sometimes even streets this is incredibly difficult. So in reality it sucks. A lot of people are going to have there chance to accept the gospel delayed which is sad, but I am just praying that God will give them there chance.
I leave to the pueblos to a supposedly amazing comp. So very good news about the comp, however in reality, I like the city. Its crazy, and dangerous, and there is always something about to hit or attack you but I have gotten used to the stress, open sewage, and people. Now I leave Wednesday to drive 4 to 5 hours out of the city to a place called Campamiento. I in my heart secretly wished to not see the pueblos in my mission or at least later in it. However, new places new challenges and new attributes to develop. No rest for the righteous, si? So I am just going to go out there and continue to do my best. I just hope that it wont demand me to be so Christ like as this change has been. Cause being Christ like is super hard sometimes. Whenever my comp is just being so terrible I think "they literally spat on Jesus, and hit him in the streets. I can at least take constant criticism and attitude." But I must say that this change turned out to be quite the Zions Camp for me. I learned so much, and developed so many important attributes and love for the Gospel and faith in the power of prayer. I have had internal experiences with the spirit that I will never forget.
So now I am packing it up, and moving it out to the pueblos. I am pretty terrified. The accents the wards and everything is crazy different. I heard that I will probably be a ward secretary or counselor, bless the sacrament, pass it, and teach Sunday school. So it is definitely going to be different, but I plan to make the most of it.
I don't really know what else to write about... Its been something else this past six weeks, but the end is so close I can taste the banana. I really don't have much else to say. So I am going to miss the 21 de Febrero, but I know God is going to take care of here, and me in my future.
I cant wait to tell you all my crazy pueblo stories next week!!! Adios
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment