Friday, February 26, 2010

Como se dice "There is nothing" 2-22-2010

So in all, the sick drama is over. I feel amazing health wise, however its been back to the trenches faster than I can catch my breath, with a whole new set of prepared challenges and trials for me to learn from. But hey, that's life on the mission.

So, fun factoids. The virus I hosted is called "ganga." Well in Spanish, and it sounds super exotic and cool, so I officially have "I had ganga once" on my resume of cocktail party stories so there is the bright side for that one.

However my trial right now? NO HAY NADA! There is nothing! This morning walking to the bus I just lost the positive missionary attitude and started to vent a mountain to Elder Morales. This morning we didn't have: water (and probably won't till Thursday), clean clothes (because there is no water to wash our clothes), Money (however that's solved now, thanks mom), Investigators, Members going to church (this week was our lowest attendance since I have been here), Food (a cat broke into our house and ate it all), Energy, and everything more! After my vent I realized that I had kinda depressed Elder Morales, so I repented and started to play the count your blessings game. It took us like 20 minutes to get 5, and they weren't very good ones, so the count your blessing game just turned out to be more depressing. However, like always, we just had to talk and joke about the fact we had nothing and have a little fun and our spirits were right back up. Cause it is easy with Elder Morales.

Elder Morales is from Guatemala, and he is just a super hick. His dad owns tons of cows, 200 fighting cocks. He is my newest dearest friend here in Honduras. When I was dying in my bed he was nothing short of amazing helping me through, and is just an awesome, supportive good missionary. He kinda looks like a Bull, and he is just the best missionary ever in my eyes. Even though we are such opposites, we get along perfect.

So right now were just a little dis animated that it just seems the harder we work, less happens. Its kinda of a hard thing to deal with, but this week we have re covenanted ourselves to step it up into hard work and do things that neither of us have done before. Like running door to door, asking people if they want to get baptized during door contacts, finding only families, crazy stuff like that. So we will see if we can finally catch some luck here in Campamiento.

Con Amor,
Elder Morris

ps. This Friday I am going to complete 6 months in the mission! How crazy! Time is flying I cant even believe it!!! I feel like I have so much to do and no time before I go home! Guess I´ll just have to step it up even more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment