Monday, December 7, 2009

Como se dice ¡lock down! 11-30-09

Pouch is sent from here every two weeks to Salt Lake, and Salt Lake sends their pouch here every two weeks. But I might not get it for up to three. So basically the pouch system is currently competing with the Pony Express for speed and efficiency (if you could actually start sending my mail through the Pony Express that would actually be really helpful cause I have yet to get a letter through pouch...)

Well now for the letter. ¡All is well in Zion!
So I was thinking about my past letters and realized I have been sending home nothing but terrifying information and sketchy stories, so today I really want to portray how much I really do love it here, because of my past letters you probably don´t realize that.

So this week my prays for me and Elder Osorio to finally step it up were answered. To be honest my comp is a little lazy, so its kinda frustrating for me to have to push my trainer to work, but it is what has to be done. This week we busted doors, and ran all over Viento Uno. Our fruits? 26 new investigators!!! Try getting 26 new people to teach in a country with constantly running water, with hot showers, and drinkable tap!!!

When I first got here my assumption was that this place was closer to hell. Even though I have yet to prove the assumption wrong, I am now discovering that perhaps this place is just as close (if not closer) to heaven. People are just so accepting, you tell them this story about how a 14 year old saw Dios y Jesucristo, and how he found some gold plates and translated a book and all they have to say is tell me more. I could imagine the usual response anywhere else is get out of my house crazy. But here they are just so many ready to accept. Now if we can get half them to marry we can count on some awesome baptisms very soon.

Its crazy how much I have changed in 3 months. its amazing what a tag, a title and authority from God can do to a person. I am semi fluent in another language (I still can´t believe what I can say), I can even read the scriptures in Spanish (which is actually really hard cause the language is so different. Even yesterday I sewed a whole bunch of stuff! can you believe? Scooter Morris can sew! I always considered my self very domesticated because I knew how to yell "mom". But now the difference is crazy. Remember what a pig I was with my stuff? I am now like a clean freak!! seriously you would never believe. I clean the house every day, and all my stuff is in like perfect order, or else I go OCD crazy and fix it. Its amazing what a mission has done to me in such a short time, and I sometimes wish I could just fly you all down here and see what I can do!!! I can survive in Honduras! If you had shown me what the place was like God had called me to serve I would have told you straight up I can´t live there. But here I am, not only surviving but thriving. Its amazing what trials teach us about ourselves, and our strength. They teach that we have absolutely none. We are powerless, ignorant, and weak. But with just a little help from God we can stand up and climb mountains. (8 times a day actually)

Oh so for the presidential election we got lock down in our house. Everything was fine during the day, but about 8 o´clock I was praying with my comp, when I said "por favor bendice Honduras con paz..." (please bless Honduras with peace) the very moment I said "paz" there was this huge explosion... It was pretty heart racing, and the ensuing gun fire was unnerving, but everything really calmed down after. We are out today and everything seems good, so I guess all went well. Some people were really worried what might happen, but nothing is on fire, and we are out and about today, so it can´t be that bad.

oh uno mas funny story.So I have yet to go into a house at 8 o´clock and not see the same soap opera on. Always always it is the same one. With a ton of hot Latino people, and some one is always yelling, hitting someone, in a hospital bed and or coma, and handing each other money, so you know it has to be super juicy cause the whole country is watching. I so desperately want to just lay and watch but I always have to advert my eyes for the sake of righteousness. Dang obedience... any ways.

All my love and prays, xoxo
Elder Scott Wayne Morris, The Gringo that could

No comments:

Post a Comment