Thursday, December 17, 2009

Como se dice We might just make it 12-14-09

So this week was refreshingly boring as far as sketchy goes. One drunk attacked but that is nice compared to the usual 3 or 4. However this week was truly a week of miracles!

This week has been awesome!!! My new comp is life changingly awesome. Basically I was in charge this week and I was a total nervous wreck. I had to plan and lead, but through the grace of God everything went so well. When ever my plans fell, always better other things happened and the most amazing opportunities came up. It was hard because Elder Eslava kinda helped me to weed out some non progressing people, and it's always hard to say good bye to people. I always have this sad feeling of just that I am leaving these people to hell fire. I know its dramatic but whenever people reject me or our message I always just think "well there was your chance, enjoy spirit prison." It's our job to give everyone their chance to accept or reject this message, but sometimes it's hard to go around damming people... but after the goodbyes good things always happen so that helps me to push on.
I was really excited when Elder Eslava came in cause I had so many golden investigators, I thought we were going to just drowned the country because we would have to fill up the font so much. However Elder Eslava is teaching me a valuable lesson. Every bodies a liar... Just about everybody. He has taken all my gold and turned it to coal... So now I am just lost in a pit of despair and sadness. Elder Osorio was kind of afraid of direct questions, However Elder Eslava lives off them. So I went with him to all my good investigators saying "don´t worry this one is golden" we go in and he just tears them apart and then it comes up that they don´t even have a testimony. Por ejemplo I have been teaching Eveling since the first day I got here, and she has wanted baptism ever since our first lessons. However he got out of her that she doesn´t even know if it is true. She hasn´t prayed or read, and she as been telling me for weeks she has. Its happened like five times with lots of different people and I´m just a little bitter that everyone is either lying, or been playing Elder Osorio and the non understanding gringo. So to say the least we have some building to do. However I am learning so much, so that really helps.

Well that's about all I got this week, Love you all and merry Christmas season.

Con todos mi amor, y oraciĆ³ns para ustedes.
Amo tu,
Elder Scott Wayne Morris

ps crazy factoid, I can kinda speak and interact with people in a whole nother language. Can you believe? cause I can´t.

No comments:

Post a Comment