Monday, December 7, 2009

Como Se Dici Gigantic Jesus Statue!!! 11-23-09

So today we went for p-day to this huge Jesus statue that over looks Honduras, kind of like that big one in Brazil. It was fun and pretty interesting to see what culture can do to a religion.

Everyone here (no matter how poor, seriously it's weird) has a huge sound system (from the oldest grandpa to the youngest child, a shack isn´t complete with out a system). They love music,

A baptism is interesting. You take this precious precious person, with a recent beautiful testimony of the gospel, and then dunk them into freezing cold water, that you can´t even drink with out almost dieing. It was such an incredible experience. As I held back tears as I changed back into my clothes I just had nothing but a sense of being so grateful, that the Lord saw fit to use such a terrible, lacking servant to bring at least one soul to him. I am just so grateful to be out here serving the Lord, I don´t think I have ever been this happy, and fulfilled feeling in my life, which is totally crazy cause I´m basically in my "cupid.com" perfect match for personal hell.

I´m so shocked at my strength. Honestly I think if someone had shown me what this was like when I was 16, 17 possibly 18, I would not be here. But I´m here. My Spanish is getting better every day, and its all getting easier, and more enjoyable. Just the other day I don´t think I was scared for my life over 5 times! it was awesome!

I honestly believe the Latino people are some how closer to the veil and God then us gringos. I believe that the time for the Anglo Saxon world to accept the gospel is quickly passing, and the Lord is now ready to fulfill his covenants he made to the Laminate people. To bring the ready people the gospel to bless there lives.
It's crazy how trials build your testimony. Nothing has brought me closer to God than him asking me to speak another language, and struggling to do so. I´m learning that you really can depend on the Lord for everything! Its so amazing, the gift of tongues is real, I feel its blessing in my life every day.
So more about my area. it's called Viente Uno de Febero (the 21 of February, they are really good with names here. Really creative. Just ask the county Gracias A Dios, Thanks to God, and Comayagua, ps it rains there all the time) Have you all seen mayan temples with the stairs steeply ascending into heaven? that is my area, a mountain of a mayan temple. My area is basically a huge stair master, that is currently mastering me. However it all gets better with time.
So my comp, is literally a speed walker. He is a Peruvian equivalent of state champion in speed walking. When he turns it on I am literally running next to him while he is walking! its crazy and I show up to houses panting like a dog with a river of sweat in my shirt.

okay, there is so much more to talk about, but there are only 7 computers here and 8 Elders. I feel terrible that this elder is missing out on his family so I´m going to give up my other half hour cause we only have an hour a week. Hope you enjoy the blessings of my sacrifice. I love you all, and miss you tons, sorry I´m giving up my time. Guess people never change.
Amor Siempre (love always)
Elder Morris
ps if I don't write next week its cause we aren't allowed to leave the house. Elections are this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment