Sunday, April 10, 2011

Como Se Dice One Year August 23, 2010

So here I am. Things are going super amazing here. Like the day I got
here the miracles just came raining down. We found 20 new
people to teach (all families) in 4 days, and put 3 dates for
people to get baptized. My companion is from Panama, and is
basically an amazing missionary and person. He is kind of really
hard with people though. Really strict and does it how it is
kind of attitude. However we make a perfect team, because his social
skills aren't like amazing and that's where I kind of dominate here. He is
really hard with the people, but then I come sweeping in after with a hug of
love and spirit. We make the perfect call to repentance love team. It's
really amazing. Our lessons right now are probably the best ones I have
had in my mission. He is also kind of really new in the mission so I am
shocked at how amazing he is. However we're way happy to be together
and we both feel we have a chance to work some real miracles here.

His name is Elder Singh, (pronounced sing like in English) and he
reminds me a lot of Dad. He was baptized at 18 after the girl he liked
introduced him to the church and made the quick decision to serve a
mission. The only problem we have right now is that we don't understand
each other. When ever I talk he says "huh" every time. Then I repeat it
slower and with better Spanish and he says "huh" again. Then I try it
in English and I get another "huh" so I just change the subject or say
never mind. Frustrating, but I forgive him cause he is amazing.

My area is something I haven't experienced in 10 months. That is COLD.
It's so weird but it actually gets cold here. Crazy right? It
rains every single day after 5 o´clock (oh and by rain I do not mean
like fun "lets go play in the rain!" St. George rain. Its like "run
for cover, cause my new umbrella cant take this" kinda rain.) it's
always muddy and I bought a new super umbrella to try and attempt
to stay dry and be saved from the intense sudden down pours. However it
always makes things really entertaining.

Computers out in the boonies of Honduras run off more wishes and dreams and a little bit of faith then electricity and hard drives. To say the least, really slow. Its like torture. like watching the "downloading bar" is like when you have to pee so bad but someone else gets in the bathroom first and you just have to stand out side
suffering like you never knew suffering existed. Like suffering so bad that you start thinking if there is an empty bottle in the house. And with that last inappropriate note I am out!

Elder Morris

PS 1YEAR! and yes, super fast... well in all. However at times faster
then others.

No comments:

Post a Comment