Sunday, April 10, 2011

Some Words on Humility August 9, 2010

Anyways, so everything is going well here. I got my butt kicked pretty hard on humility here. Speaking of such I am reminded of something a very wise elder once said, "Never pray for humility! I don't care how prideful you feel!" -Elder Jaden Blake

Anyways so my companion was really down lately and I kept trying to help and always be nice and helpful and encouraging and all that, and one night he just blew up! I had always just been asking him what is wrong and he just kept putting up excuses and jazz and saying his family, or this thing, or that. However when it all came down to it... it was me. That was pretty crappy... Thought I was being all helpful and he just unloaded a bunch of like not even that important things on me. I just got sad cause all that time he was just holding up things and making himself mad for no reason. In the end it all ended well cause I was humbled and willing to just explain what happened or change little things. Turns out it's always better to just say it, no matter how insignificant.

Hey weird request. i am not sure if you pray for my safety, but if you haven't been or aren't doing it a lot, I could use some security. My area is having a sudden out burst of gang violence and killings so if you could just send up some prays for some guidance and protection I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment